Sunday, November 15, 2009

Written Inc. - Travel

Travel is the word for Written Inc. this week. He was looking for a series of pictures from recent trips. Unfortunetly Ian and I have not been on a trip since our honeymoon, but Patrick and I went to Georgia a few years ago. (Don't worry, we are going on a much needed vacation thanks to my parents this January). But it was probably one of the most interesting trips I have been on. The culture shock was one I will not soon forget, and although it was a beautiful place, I could never leave California to live there. Here are some of our highlights. He fell asleep on the way home from the aquarium with a cracker in his mouth. Couldn't help but get the picture!

My grandfather says this street hasn't changed since he was a boy. The house at the end of the road is the one that my great grandmother passed away in.

This is the giant chair in front of the visitor's center in Black Mountain North Carolina. Just found Patrick so funny sitting in this chair.


OK, this is probably strange to anyone not living in CA, but I had to get a picture of the gas prices because ours were around four dollars in CA. South Carolina was still under $2. How does that work?!



It is true, there is a Bat Cave and it is located in North Carolina. We were there, they even have a post office in Bat Cave. Thought this was hilarious!

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

These are wonderful. I had to laugh when you mentioned the culture: I find it a bit jarring as well, especially as we drive from the north (we live in Ontario) to the south in two days. So from the time the kids wake up to the time they tuck in on the first day, we go from snowbound Canada and end up in Georgia.

It's a joy to watch the kids take in the differences in how people live.

I love how you evoked the theme: this is such a rich montage. Hope you'll pop in for the next theme, orange!