Sunday, June 6, 2010

Favorite Photo Friday

Trying a new photoblog, Favorite Photo Friday.  They ask you to submit your favorite photo every week with all the details of the shot.  I have always found it interesting that photographers would want all of the lens and shot details.  The beauty of photography is that every shot is unique and the reality is that even if you went to the same place to take the same shot it will never be the same or need the same camera settings.  With that said I did take this photo with my Nikon D50, I have  28-300 zoom lens on it.  Other then that I have few details.  My younger son was looking at the fish in an aquarium at sea world and since it was dark inside the aquarium, and inside the room we were in, adding flash allowed his reflection to show up quite nicely on the glass.  I wish I had captured his entire reflection, but with how quickly 2 year olds move I felt fortunate to get this shot.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Visiting from FPF -- that is a very sweet and well captured photo of your little one and his reflection. Love the look of rapture in his face!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Good morning! This is a great capture of your little boy! Perfect reflections ~ I like the angle too!

So nice stopping by to visit with you!

Kindly, ldh

Valerie said...

Also visiting from PFP - what a great way to 'grab' a reflection. I didn't know using a flash would do that. So you taught me something today! Thanks!

I am guessing even though you had the 28-300mm zoom you must have been standing pretty close and didn't have the zoom extended? I always wonder how far a flash will work when zooming to an object far away.

Great capture of an 'A-HA' moment of childhood
He is so entranced.