Sunday, June 20, 2010

Favorite Photo Friday

We went to the local fair this week and had a really great time.  The fair always has so many great picture opportunities as well.  I just loved the texture of this picture, it is actually a sleeping chicken's back, but I loved how the soft and fluffy the feather's looked.  I took this pick with my Nikon D50, 28-300mm tamron lens.  No special effects, just zoomed through the bars of the chicken pen and found the angle that I liked.  The lighting was pretty low so I had a hard time seeing what I was focused on.  If I could have changed on thing it would have been to focus on the foreground instead of something in the middle, but I still liked it.  Check out other people's favorite photos at  Favorite Photo Friday.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness! I would have never guessed a chicken. But when you click on the photo - it becomes large and the detail of those feathers is amazing.

How far away from the bird were you?
Was your lens fully extended?
Just curious as you were able to capture the uniqueness of each feather - at the focal point.


Do you post on flickr at all? I only ask - because the properties of each shot can be seen on the photo's you upload there. They have free accounts too.

Very neat!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a great photo! I would not have guessed it was a chicken either. Not even the color of the feathers reminded me of chicken! It is so interesting! I enjoyed stopping by to visit with you!

Kindly, ldh