Sunday, July 4, 2010

Favorite Photo Friday

Favorite Photo Friday has been a tough one for me this week.  I haven't really picked up my camera much this week and that makes me a little sad.  So I dug through the files this week to find something I liked.  I took this picture at the beach, my sister was digging up sand crabs for my oldest son to look at.  He really wanted to hold one, but if she just plopped it in his hands they would run away so she cupped his hands for the next one.  It was just picture perfect and I couldn't pass the moment up.  Funny looking little creatures, but my son loved them.  The picture was taken with my Nikon D50 28-300 zoom Tamron lens.  I was pretty close to my subject, but also zoomed in a little.  I don't recall whatI did in post processing, looks like I probably turned up the brightness and sharpened it up a little, but I have to admit I did this weeks ago so I am not 100% sure I remember, the original is below, not too big of a difference.  Enjoy!
The pic below sets the scene a little bit better for you too.

2 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I love this photo! A very sweet and special one. Hands are a most interesting subject and especially nice that they are of your sister and your son :)

Valerie said...

I love the contrast between the adult and the child size hand - makes me think of the modeling we do for our kids!