Sunday, July 25, 2010

Favorite photo Friday


I have been submitting to Favorite photo Friday for the last couple weeks now.  I like it because I am not necessarily limited to a single subject matter or idea, it is simply getting me to get out there and take pictures and post what I really like form the week.  This week my family made our way up to my husband's favoite place on earth; his boy scout camp!  He worked there for years and calls it home.  A bunch of "the guys" decided to make a trip up there for Friday night campfire so we decided this would be a good time to show our boys this wonderful place.  Our oldest had been a few times, but our youngest had never been.  We wandered the camp's grounds and made a stop by the lake.  The scouts were all at dinner so no one was on the lake.  I couldn't resist this shot of the boats all parked at the dock with the reflection of the water.  The light circles in the corner were intentional, I like them, it is a matter of personal opinion, but I like them.  They add to the feel of this picture for me, reminds me of the intense summer sun.  Anyway.  The picture was taken with my Nikon D50, tamron 28-300 lens.  I had everything on auto for this, and I brought the exposure down a notch in postproduction.  Other then that, it has not been changed.  Hope you all enjoy, leave a comment and then visit Favorite Photo Friday to see other pics form the week.

3 comments:

gypsyrose said...

Love the photo it looks so calm and peaceful, can just imagine myself relaxing in one of the boats.

Kelly said...

I Like it a lot!

Valerie said...

After spending the last two days in a state park with water and boats and sun - I truly do appreciate the peacefulness that this photo exudes!

So you said the circle of light reflections were intentional. That is so neat - but how did you do that?

My son just took some great photos of the sun - that came out with sun rays beaming like a star all around - I thought for sure he had adjusted the photo but he assured me he did not -

So how do you do those kinds of things?

Thanks participating in Favorite Photo Friday. THis is what I like about it - being able to chat with one another and find out "how did you do that?"